Am I an adult yet?

Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's been a lovely four months...

... but my time at the Cheesecake Factory is drawing to a close. I have decided to leave the exciting world of white uniforms and bitchy north shore people to pursue an illustrious career as a substitute teacher. Substituting may be lame, but I really want to be back in the classroom, and I am really sick of working nights and weekends. Part of the point of this "year off" was to have fun, and all I do is work. So after January 10th, I fully intend to be drunk and disorderly at least once each weekend (Laura McClain, take note, as you will no doubt be joining me). I am also going to attempt to start a little mini-business doing games and activities for children's birthday parties (no joke, I am a seasoned indoor and outdoor games enthusiast, many years as a camp counselor). So many uncertain ventures. And sometime in the next couple months I need to get somebody to hire me full time and I need to find a home. Speaking of which, Nate and I have decided to find a place together in the spring, yay! We had a lovely day Tuesday celebrating three years (yes, it's been that long since Sally and Linus), found a great sushi place, got tipsy there, and then went to see Blue Man Group, which I highly recommend viewing while intoxicated- adds a whole new level, and makes the reading parts really interesting/dizzying.

And my most pressing concern right now is- what to do for New Year's? I just found out I actually have the night off from work, which is amazing, but now I need to figure out what to do with myself. Because I will feel really stupid if I end up doing nothing and I think "I might as well be working right now." I know it's an overrated night, but it's been handed to me, and I must make something of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home