Am I an adult yet?

Friday, March 31, 2006

Think about it

To my future boyfriend/roomie:

Here's what I have done on this Friday night:
-watched Simpsons followed by several hours of Law & Order: SVU
-checked my email certainly more often than necessary
-made some dinner (pans and dishes still "soaking" in the sink)
-browsed the best of craigslist
-went to the gym during Leno
-made instant fudge, which is currently cooling in the fridge as I am licking the spoon and consuming the leftover contents of the mixing bowl

Beware, this is what you are getting into. But at our place, I'll let you eat some of the fudge. You too, McClain, if you're willing to walk a few blocks for it.

Aside from a sad Friday night, life is great lately. Nate and I found a place (!) at Addison and Lake Shore Drive, on the 21st floor, with a balcony looking onto the lake. The lease is signed, we move in May 1st, woohoo! I ran 5 miles a few days ago, at my fastest pace (which is still not terribly fast, but I felt accomplished), and yesterday was gorgeous and I finally got to go for a bike ride in the forest preserve, which is the most relaxing activity I can think of (I think it's possible to sweat and relax at the same time). I've put in around 10 job applications and I'm working on many more. I had a really good cookie yesterday. I had sushi for lunch today and the guy at the restaurant gave me free miso soup. Yes, I know every sentence in this entry starts with "I," I'm feeling a little "what I did over my summer vacation" vibe. My parents are out of town and I have the house to myself for a week.

Life is lovely.

Except my dog keeps pooping on the floor.

2 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Law and Order SVU AND dessert? I'm there, can't wait. :)

Here is a night off for me:
- pizza
- beer
- tv or a dvd

Get ready for some wild times baby.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger Movie Maven said...

okay LSD! good luck with the move, kids.

have fun eatin' and hangin' out.

8:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home