Am I an adult yet?

Monday, March 13, 2006

Oops...

Ok, this one was totally my fault, although completely unintentional. Ok, so I was in a 1st grade classroom today, and at the end of the day, they were packing up before going to an hour of specials at the end of the day. They had five extra minutes, and they were getting antsy, so I had to think of something that just takes a couple minutes. I figured hangman is fun and quick. I thought of a word that related to what we did during math that day, and they started guessing letters. They got through about half of the alphabet (not too much strategy going on), I was drawing eyes and hair and everything, I just wanted them to get the word. So anyway, the word was "clock" and they got the L last. Ooooooops. So I jumped in and said, "Alright, let's all put in the last letter together. L! Clock! The word is CLOCK!" Because see, we had been working on telling time in math that day. One of those moments when you're so glad to be the only adult in the room, and glad the kids aren't old enough to notice what was temporarily on the board.

Also, my mom and I were watching Oprah, and they were talking with teenaged girls who feel pressured to have sex to be accepted by their boyfriends, and this psychiatrist woman was talking about how they're missing something, and said "you have to figure out how to fill your hole with something valuable." My mom and I just about died.

Good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

cock for the kiddies?

1:46 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

That hole comment totally cracked me up!

9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home