Am I an adult yet?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

life back in Glenview

Ok, I have expressed my shock/disdain at actually creating a blog, perhaps a little actual info (which is, presumably, why I have a blog, so people can "check in," not so I can blather on about self-indulgent details of my life). I have returned to Glenview, and the main thing I miss about Madison is having Big Mike's on the same block. I am outraged that I have to get in my car if I want food outside of my house. Boooo suburbs. My parents get back tonight, they left the day after I got home to take Amanda to NYU. Crazy smart girl. I am currently "working" at mommy's store, but no one has walked in the door for two hours or so, hence the creation of the blog. I am forcing myself to not start job-searching for at least another week, so I have some semblance of a vacation. I just finished unpacking my mountain of stuff after about 4 straight days... when did I get so much stuff? I left for college with a carload of stuff and came back with a U-Haul truck. Oops. Cleaning out my closet after 15 years was a good time, though. I found many papers and worksheets from elementary school, and a whole box of notes from friends spanning eighth grade to senior year of high school. "Seriously, do you think he likes me?" "Yeah, I really do, but you should go for the other guy, he's way hotter" was the main theme of most of the letters I actually looked at. Love the superficiality of high school. I like to pretend I'm really different now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home